all lanes are full, share a lane. If
there are 2 people in a lane, each stay on one side. If
there are more than 2 in a lane, circle swim, stay to the right. Slower
swimmers let faster ones pass you at the end of the lane by stopping
to let them swim on by. We provide kick boards, fins, pull
buoys and hand paddles for lap swimmers only. For water joggers
or exercisers only, we provide noodles, weights, and buoyancy
under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Non-swimming
children must be accompanied in the water even if they are wearing
a flotation device. The Aquatic Center has flotation devices
for public use by non-swimmers. We do not allow any inflatable
flotation devices. A child can be unaccompanied in the
water if they can pass a swim skill test administered by the
test is a 20 yard swim, swum at the surface of the water on the
stomach without stopping, standing or hanging onto the side or
a lane line. Water basketball hoop(s)
and ball(s) are provided during family swims and rentals. If
you wish to bring other toys, they must be approved by the supervisor,
but we ask that there be no water-gun type toys.
The pool is handicapped accessible with a portable lift and stairs in the shallow end. Locker rooms and deck access is also available for pool users and spectators.
We have four locker rooms adjacent
to the pool. Please use the appropriate locker
room – signs
are posted. Lockers are available, but you must
bring your own lock and your belongings must be removed
do not provide suits, towels or toiletries.
LAKE FOREST HIGH SCHOOL IS
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
- Obey all staff requests and enjoy your swim.
- Individuals with contagious conditions are not
allowed to swim.
- Individuals not toilet trained or who have bowel
control issues must wear tight-fitting rubber or plastic
pants or an approved “swim diaper."
- The following are prohibited:
- Swimming under the bulkhead
- Diving into water less than 9 feet deep
- Hanging from the diving boards
- Running in any pool area
- Walking in dirty street shoes in the locker rooms
or on the pool deck
- Eating or drinking in the locker rooms or on the
- Glass containers
- Inflatable flotation devices or toys
- Squirt guns, water pistols or similar toys
- One person on a board at a time
- Dive only when the area beneath the board is clear
- Only one bounce on the board before take off
- Go off the board from your feet only
- Go straight off the end of the board, swim to the nearest
ladder and exit at the ladder
- When diving off the side of the pool, do so
only in the designated areas. Check with the supervisor
on duty prior to diving off the side of the pool.