SECOND SEMESTER 2012-13 ONLY
1. This option is only available to seniors.
2. A student must be enrolled in five classes including the one he/she is requesting for the Pass/Fail option but not including Wellness. If a student falls below five classes because of dropping a class, the Pass/Fail option is null and void.
3. Students must submit the form signed by student, parent, teacher counselor and the Student Services Director no later than March 22, 2013.
4. Quarter and semester grades will be issued in the usual format.
5. The letter “P” for Pass will appear on the transcript if the grade is “D-“or better at the end of the semester. A “P” has no impact on the GPA.
6. The letter “F” will appear on the transcript and will have an impact on the GPA and no credit will be earned, if the class is failed.
7. The actual letter grade will appear on the report card and can be recorded on the transcript by giving written notification to the Director of Student Services. Otherwise a “P” will be recorded on the transcript.
8. Potential Division I athletes should make sure the course is not necessary for the NCAA Clearinghouse as they will not honor a Pass/Fail grade on the transcript.
It is the student’s responsibility to check with any college or university to which they will, or have applied, regarding their policy on or perception of the PASS/FAIL option.